Thursday, September 13, 2012

My Altered Travels

"My Altered Travels" is officially born after many years of conteplation (is that even a word, lol?)...I

My goal with this blog is to inspire, educate, enrich, humor, and most of all...COMMUNICATE and ENHANCE your travel experiences.  I wanted to use the blog name "havebagswilltravel" but that blog name was already taken...I REALLY need to visit that blog:)

Since my travels are ALWAYS ALTERED, mostly because I am an altered artist AND because I'm blonde (heehee), I thought it might be fun to give you my ALTERED take on traveling...

Today, I'm sitting in an airport waiting for a flight to Reno while en route to Lake Tahoe for the first time.  It's Thursday, and while I started out taking a vacation day tomorrow, I found that my hubbie has a golf outing tomorrow morning...so what's an altered girl to do????

So I pack my computer, find that I have some work that NEEDS to be done for my day job, and I say...hey, if I "work" while I'm away, can I NOT count my day off as a vacation day?...now I know many of us (including my husband) can work from "anywhere", but I'm just not in that category...I have a "regular" 9 to 5 type job that requires me to work in a traditional office...but in my "altered" world, I can work with this...so I say to my boss, if I "work" on this project while my husband is at a golf outing tomorrow, can we consider this "working" remotely, so I don't have to use a vacation day?  Wahoo, my boss says "I can work with that"...

Now I know that many of you think this is WAYYYYYY old school, but just run with me on this, 'k?

So, I'm still sitting in the airport on a Thursday afternoon, an realize that my computer is NOT charged...(o.k., feel free to start with the blonde jokes now...or fess up and admit this has happened to you, too:)

So I "plug in" and start to work on my NEW blog...and now it's time to power down and board...more later...I promise:)

No comments:

Post a Comment