Thursday, May 9, 2013

Golf, anyone?

I am very happy to say that I've FINALLY started taking golf lessons...my husband has been asking me to golf with him for YEARS, and I kept putting it off...until NOW!

And guess what?????  I'm lovin' it!  A friend and I have been taking lessons at a local golf course in Encinitas and it has been loads of fun.  I even went and hit a bucket of balls a few days ago!  Yahoo!!!

Interestingly...and I'm sure NOT to surprising to most, I couldn't even hit the ball the first day of class...even though it was right IN FRONT of ME...on a TEE!  I've come to understand that this is common for beginners...whew!

Of course, THEN when I started hitting the ball...still not every time, though...it would just dribble in front of me, or skip across the grass like a stone skipping across the top of the water.  Remember when we used to skip stones and count the number of times the stone would skip before sinking?  Well apparently I'm the only one that counts to skips of my golf ball across the grass before it stops, lol.  I figured the more it skipped, the better I was doing, right?

Anyway, before long I would catch a REALLY GOOD stroke and my ball would fly up in the air like a little white round bird...with no little birdie head, wings or tail...o.k., maybe that was a bit MUCH...

I have to say, that WHEN and I mean WHEN I hit that little white ball and it flies up in the air, it is SUCH an AMAZING feeling!  So I keep hitting my little white balls, and hitting them, and hitting them...until every once in a while I get one of those REALLY good ones, and WOW, that feeling just keeps coming back!

I am soooo happy to be trying something that will give me more time with my hubby, too...Gotta love my hubby!

I know  didn't really travel far in this post...but my little white ball sure is:)

Fore! (heehee)

No comments:

Post a Comment